May 28, 2015
Please join ACME. and The Pit for the launch of Merkel Magazine #1 from 6-8pm this Thursday, May 28th. The magazine is the latest limited-edition, Risograph-printed artist book from The Pit and will be available for $15 each.
Edited by Matt Merkel Hess, the 28-page magazine includes:
- an interview with photographer Whitney Hubbs
- an essay on merchandising and art by Natilee Harren and Michael G. Powell
- Claire Rifelj writing on the crowd-sourced project "Albums by Conceptual Artists."
- An interview about Van Halen with painter Rebecca Morris
- Timo Fahler on the role of fabric in his recent work
- a new workout plan by Kenn Taylor to keep you in studio shape
- and more!
Printed in an edition of 100, Merkel Magazine will be available for $15 each at the launch party and via the online shop www.the-pit.la/shop. The first 10 copies sold at the launch party will include a free pancake print by Matt Merkel Hess! Other products advertised in the magazine will also be for sale.
The Merkel Magazine launch party will also be a sort-of closing reception for the show UR Merkel, which runs through Saturday May 30.